It’s been a while since I took the time to bake and I’ve always wanted to try making mini cheesecakes. Due to my addiction to matcha, as seen here, I decided to make mini matcha cheesecakes!
I used Jo cooks‘ recipe and adapted it slightly. I LOVE matcha so I added a bit more matcha powder to the recipe. I bought this pan recommended by Jo as well. I was so nervous about over mixing that I definitely didn’t mix the batter enough. Despite a few lumps, it still turned out delicious!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 27 minutes
- Chill Time: 3+ hours to chill
- Makes 12 mini cheesecakes
- 1 cup oreo crumbs
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- 16 oz of cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 ½ tbsp matcha
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large strawberries
- 6 oreo cookies halved
Preheat oven to 350 F degrees
In a bowl mix together the oreo cookie crumbs with the butter. Divide the mixture equally into each cup in the pan and press down. Bake for 7 minutes.
- While the crust bakes, add the cream cheese and sugar to the bowl of your mixer and mix until smooth for about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time and continue mixing. Add matcha green tea powder and vanilla extract and mix until fully incorporated. Do not over mix.
Reduce heat to 300 F degrees.
Spoon cheesecake batter into each cup and fill to the top
Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Refrigerate cheesecake for a few hours.