I know this is a long overdo post but I finally was able to write about my trip to New York City for NYE! I was surprised with this trip on Christmas by my boyfriend!! I had been to New York once as a teenager with my business club, but this time around I was excited to hang out with some friends and get to experience the side of the city that tourists didn’t see.
Our goals in New York were to see friends, celebrate the New Year, and of course, eat as much delicious food as possible.
The Flight Over
The flight to New York alone was a pretty amazing experience. This was my first time flying business class and I boarded the plane already tipsy from the free alcohol in the United Club. I was hung-over by the time we landed due to our amazing flight attendant! My wine glass was never empty and he even gifted us mini bottles of alcohol when we landed. United FTW!
We decided to get an Airbnb in Brooklyn with a great view of the Manhattan skyline. Overall the neighborhood was awesome. Tourist free, near some great bars, and close to the train.
Our main reason for visiting New York was for the food. Below are my favorite restaurants I visited, all highly recommended:
- Bistro Petit – French, Korean food
- Xixa – the fanciest Mexican food I have ever had. 5 stars, highly recommended. There is even foie gras
- Xian Famous Foods – My boyfriend’s hometown food from China. It was fucking delicious
- Baohaus – Baos with a twist
- Ippudo Ramen – Awesome authentic ramen in a super fancy setting. The wait was 3 hours but we were able to put our name down and explore the city until our table was ready
- Jing Fong Restaurant – Awesome dim sum. They had bacon wrapped shrimp balls!
- Katz’s Delicatessen – When Harry Met Sally…also the chopped liver was bomb
- New York Pizza – at 2am
It was truly an amazing experience. On New Year’s Eve, my friends and I went to an awesome bar in Brooklyn called Berry Park. It has a beautiful rooftop view of Manhattan where we celebrated the new year with the countdown and plenty of champagne.